Monday, January 30, 2012

Obsession of the Week... Lamps

Lamps are a great accent for any room and almost everyone has one, so why not make it a statement, like this teacup lamp. I discovered this DIY teacup lamp on the blog Vintage Revival and fell in love with it.




It's super cute and totally inspiring! I will admit drilling through glass tea cups and saucers somewhat scares me, but this blog also gives great tips for drilling into glass. Can't wait to try it.

Here is another example from blogger Rocky Bella of a glass vase turned into a lamp. She was inspired by the glass lamps from Crate and Barrel. I saw something similar at Target the other day and I really like them.




After seeing these DIY lamps I am on a mission to start making my own. As for the teacup lamp, I like how she added color by spray painting the teapot. I think I will do the same when I attempt this.  As for the glass vase lamps I envision it with a fun lamp shade of a bold pattern and color. 



 
fabric images via Fabrics.com

In addition to making these lamps I also want to refurbish some vintage lamps I picked up at my local thrift store. I will keep you posted on how it goes. I'm crossing my fingers hoping I don't break to many glasses!


No comments:

Post a Comment