Monday, January 23, 2012

It's called a dumbwaiter table...

As many of you know I am crazy about stenciling and am happy to report my latest project is finally finished. What did I stencil? It's called a Dumbwaiter Table. I came across this table a while ago and knew I wanted to do something special to it. I always envisioned using multiple colors and a cool pattern on the table tops.

dumbwaiter table after

dumbwaiter table before
The top of each tier is painted in Benjamin Moore's Gibraltar Cliff and Beach Glass.  The stencil I used is a beautiful Moroccan pattern from the Royal Design Stencil Shop. When I ordered the stencil I didn't realize how big it was going to be because it's a wall stencil. Therefore, when it arrived it was way too big for this small table, so I tried shrinking the pattern on a copier and it worked. It was a long process and I wouldn't suggest it to anyone. Once the pattern was scaled down, I then traced on to blue painters tape I had put onto the table tops.

the grueling stencil process
The stenciling process took longer then I thought it would, but the results are fabulous!

table tops

close up on table top
  The table also has a beautiful pedestal at the bottom and in between each tier.



THIS TABLE HAS SOLD, but if you are interested in other things check out my Etsy Shop - Refurbishedwithlove. Keep checking back for my next stencil project, a chevron pattern rug!

linking to:

No comments:

Post a Comment