Sunday, November 27, 2011

Jessica's Breakfast Nook

Over the summer, my best friend, Jessica and her husband moved into their new home. In June, when I was home visiting family and friends, Jessica asked me to sew for her breakfast nook new cushions and a roman shade. I was very excited to take on this project and jumped at the chance to help her decorate her new home. Jessica and I have different taste when it comes to decorating. Jessica's style is more bohemian mixed with traditional where as my style is more contemporary meets traditional. Though our decorating styles are different I always like what she picks and sure enough she picked two great fabrics.

Her original cushions were old and out of date black and white checkered fabric and the window was bare.

old cushions
 
True to her bohemian taste, Jessica chose a beautiful multicolored chenille fabric for the cushions and an embroidered bird fabric for the roman shade.

breakfast nook finished


I love the way the cushions and shade turned out and can't wait to see them in her breakfast nook. I will be home for Christmas and hope to have better pictures soon. Also, I will need to do a little fluffing when I get there and by then I will have finished her new throw cushions for the bench.

roman shade
close up shot


I am very pleased with the way it all turned out and it is very cozy! I sat here a lot over Christmas and New Year's with my glass of wine chatting with Jessica as she worked in the kitchen.


Bon Appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment