Monday, June 30, 2014

Country Living Fair 2014 Rhinebeck, NY

The Country Living Magazine Fair is by far one of the best fairs in the Northeast, and this year I was finally able to go! Held for the second year in a row in Rhinebeck, NY, fans of Country Living saw the pages of the magazine come to life with three days of shopping, cooking, crafting and DIY demonstrations. The fair also featured antique appraisals and locally sourced, artisanal food in a fun, festival atmosphere. 

As this was my first time attending the fair, I want to say a big THANK YOU to Hometalk for my VIP 3-day pass! I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of merchandise and variety of vendors. There was everything you could imagine: vintage furniture, home decor items, antiques, paint, rugs, lighting, clothes… and at all price points! I will admit I was afraid of falling in love with everything expensive and over-budget, but there was a lot that was very reasonable. I just need a bigger house! (The key word being “house” and a not small Hoboken apartment…)

Here are a few gems I found...






I wish I could have purchased more items like these chairs and almost everything at this booth, but I controlled myself and my wallet. 





As I was walking around I stumbled across Mrs. Re-Purpose herself, Cari Cucksey from HGTV’s Cash & Cari!! I was super excited to visit her booth because this weekend she launched her own stain and paint collection, RePurpose Chroma Color and Tinted Tincture. Best of all, Cari was there giving demonstrations and tips on how to use her new line of colors! What could be better than a lesson from the lady herself?!




Of course I picked up some stain… Azurite Blue to be exact. I can't wait to start using it! I plan on staining the wine crates I bought at the fair. 

Thank you again, Hometalk and Country Living Magazine for giving two Refurbished with Love fans VIP 3-day passes to the fair! Your lucky winners scored major deals and packed their car to the rim with vintage fabric curtains, large decorative coral, framed art and wine crate boxes. Stay tuned for how I give these finds a new life!

1 comment: