Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Dull Buffet Table Transformed into an Eye Catching Table

This beautiful table was a major score for my client. She inherited the table when she moved into her college apartment. The old renters didn't want it and left it behind. Talk about one man's trash is another woman's treasure!

Like most of us who live in small spaces all furniture most be functional as well as beautiful. For my client this table was absolutely functional, but it did not fit her decor.  Here was the table before.

table before
The table had some watermarks and scratches I needed to remove. That's when she contacted me. Together we decided on this beautiful Greek blue from Annie Sloan with dark wax. One thing I love about Annie Sloan paint is by adding dark wax you can completely change the color. 

table after

table leaf after


table top

Here is the table painted with Greek blue before the dark wax.

table before dark wax is added

She also admired furniture with lace and doily detail. I found this beautiful lace and stenciled it randomly on the top.

here is how i put the stencil on

after all stencils added

table before dark wax

For the lace stencil I used Martha Stewart's silver metallic paint. I love how it has a simmer to it. I have used this paint before on a barstool and it is beautiful with or with dark wax.



No comments:

Post a Comment