Thursday, May 9, 2013

Different Ways to Showcase Favorite Quotes

I love inspirational quotes and phrases. In fact, I have two Pinterest boards dedicated to them, Makes Me Smile and Things I should have Said.  Eventually when I have more time, I want to make a few posters/signs for my study.  Here are some of my favorites quotes:




Another favorite is a quote by Albert Einstein "Creativity is contagious pass it on".  This will definitely be on a sign in my studio. But for now I knew it would be a great way to spice up this old big bird yellow tray I found. 

tray before

First, I started by painting the tray with Annie Sloan Original color chalk paint.  (Please ignore the coors light box, it is holding cut pieces of wood.)  

tray with one coat of paint


Then, I sketched out a chevron pattern and painted it with a color mixture I came up with. Once the design was set I painted over my vinyl stencil quote I made using my Silhouette Cameo. After everything was painted and touched up I brushed with tray with Annie Sloan clear wax to give it a protective coat. 


tray after

I absolutely love the way it came out and the tray sold very quickly at the festival last Sunday. To see more items from the festival check out my facebook page.

Another way I showcase quotes are with my refurbished wood pallet signs. Here is second look at one of my favorite signs I have made.


I had more signs at the festival, but as usual I forgot to take pictures. I need to put someone in charge of getting pictures for me because I always forget. Where is my photographer best friend, Jessica when I need her! To see Jessica's work visit her site here.

Remember friends BE CREATIVE!

1 comment:

  1. Are you tired of seeking loans and Mortgages,have you been turned down constantly By your banks and other financial institutions,We offer any form of loan to individuals and corporate bodies at low interest rate.If you are interested in taking a loan,feel free to contact us today,we promise to offer you the best services ever.Just give us a try,because a trial will convince you.What are your Financial needs?Do you need a business loan?Do you need a personal loan?Do you want to buy a car?Do you want to refinance?Do you need a mortgage loan?Do you need a huge capital to start off your business proposal or expansion? Have you lost hope and you think there is no way out, and your financial burdens still persists? Contact us (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    Your Name:...............
    Your Country:...............
    Your Occupation:...............
    Loan Amount Needed:...............
    Loan Duration...............
    Monthly Income:...............
    Your Telephone Number:.....................
    Business Plan/Use Of Your Loan:...............
    Contact Us At : gaincreditloan1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete