Thursday, May 31, 2012

Shaken, Stirred or Straight Up Bar Cart

Recently I have been in love with bar carts of all varieties; metal, glass, wood all kinds. Bar carts can be a great addition to any large or small space.  Just imagine, in a large game room, a trendy cart on wheels helps to keep the party moving! In a small space, a bar cart helps to create a festive cocktail area without taking up too much space.

A couple months ago I found this bar cart on one of my furniture hunting trips. I instantly envisioned the changes I wanted to make but with juggling my other projects, I wasn’t able to refurbish it until this May. It was in need of some serious TLC!  Below are the before and after pictures of the beautiful cart.

bar cart before
I wanted the cart to have a vintage look and was inspired to write common bar terms on the top tier. Each word was hand stenciled and took a lot longer than I thought it would!


bar cart after



bar cart after

close up on top tier

close up on handle stencil

bottom tier



Here are some other great carts featured on Houzz.com. I especially love the gold bamboo cart by Bagues.

Bagues bar cart

Here is another by William Sonoma Home.



For those of you who are thinking, "I don't drink alcohol or need a bar cart". Let me tell you these carts can also be used a serving station, mobile desk or mobile end table. So next time you see a bart cart pick it up, take it home and tell me what you have done with it.

Linked to:

No comments:

Post a Comment