Tuesday, April 10, 2012

It's Spring time for Craft festivals and Street Fairs

Spring time is upon us! The weather here in NJ / NY is amazing and it's that time of year for street festivals and craft fairs. This year, I have decided to participate in several going on in and around my area. I'm especially looking forward to the Hoboken Art & Music Festival on May ? due to the fact it is right outside my door! Talk about convenient!

Recently, I had my first festival in March at the Paramus Craft Show and fortunately, all my great experience in event planning helped me get organized. Here is a picture of my booth area. Please forgive the wrinkled tablecloth, it drove me crazy! I am definitely adding a handheld steamer to my list!



My allotted 8' x 10' space was stocked full with wine glasses, lamps, coaster, pillows and end tables. I have to say, the craft show was very interesting. There was a plethora of handmaid crafts from life size wooden rabbits to chenille stuffed carrots. I was actually the only furniture booth but my coasters sold like hot cakes! I used an assortment of colors and patterns and they turned out super cute! For the next fair I think I'll experiment by stamping them with a single letter with a background pattern for variation.

coasters
coasters
Lastly, a big shout out to my oh so awesome friend Rachael for volunteering her time and crafty work which made my first fair even better!! 

My next festival is May 6th the Hoboken Art & Music Festival and more to come.

If you are round come stop by and see me!

No comments:

Post a Comment