Thursday, September 29, 2011

Obsession of the week... Silver foiling or some say Silver Leafing

My dear friend Kristine sent me this AP story about silver foiling on furniture and I love it! I have written about this technique before, it was my first Obsession of the Week post about metallic silver and mirrored silver. I still love this look, but have not been successful at recreating it. However, after reading this AP story I have new hope! I am very excited to try silver foiling on this vintage1950's end table. I purchased the table for five dollars and hopefully after some silver leafing it will be worth much more! Silver leafing can be purchased at most craft stores and online. 


I plan to purchase the silver leafing this weekend. With the research I have done online, it says a project such as this can be completed in just a few days! So wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment