Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Obsession of the Week...

It seems as though everyday of the week I fall in love with something new! Whether it is a fabric, new decorating technique, a piece of furniture or a newly decorated space I can easily spend hours online or thumbing through magazines looking at all of these things. Therefore, I decided why not share my obsessions with you, whoever you are out there. I can't be the only one falling in love, right?  At least I hope not.

This year at the ICFF (International Contemporary Furniture Fair), a new finishing technique for wood was showcased. One of my favorite blogs, Apartment Therapy, refers to it as Metallic & Mirrored Silver. I love it! It's super modern yet on a log of wood I think it looks contemporary with a rugged edge. I have tried to recreate this look three times on a sample of wood and can't seem to get it to be as shiny or reflective as in the pictures. It's really frustrating, but I promise I am going to master this! I don't care how many times it takes me. I have the perfect 1950's retro end table that would look amazing with this finish. So here's hoping!

As soon as it is finished I will post the pictures. Until then if anyone has any tips or advice please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment