Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dressing Up Your Dresser

My most recent refurbishing was for a client with a 20 year old five drawer dresser. My client loved the dresser, but knew it was in desperate need a of furniture face lift overall, the dresser was in good shape. It had a few surface scratches, some chips, a broken drawer glide and a broken base board.


dresser before
Refurbishing it didn't take long and within a week we were picking out paint colors. I always try to advise my clients to find a few shades of a color they like because we all know, but many of us forget, once paint dries it's a slightly different shade. With this dresser we were on the hunt for the right shade of grey, not to blue and not to green. Our first choice too green, but after a few more tests we found this beautiful Benjamin Moore & Co. grey blue Gibraltar Cliffs color.

dresser after (puppy not included)




My client selected these knobs from Anthropologie.  The ones we used have more of a brass finish. The link will show you a zinc finish. Our knobs were found in the store. She wanted the dresser to have a distressed look. We agreed a light distressing detail would be best.

I have more refurbishing projects coming up. I will post pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment